Can I tell you about Pathological Demand Avoidance syndrome?
Can I tell you about Pathological Demand Avoidance syndrome? : A guide for friends, family and professionals
- For ages: 6-8
- Format: Paperback | 56 pages
- Dimensions: 150 x 228 x 8mm | 140g
- Publication date: 21 Feb 2015
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 13 black & white illustrations
- ISBN10: 1849055130
- ISBN13: 9781849055130
- Bestsellers rank: 38,465
Meet Issy - an 11-year-old girl with pathological demand avoidance syndrome (PDA), a condition on the autism spectrum. Issy invites readers to learn about PDA from her perspective, helping them to understand how simple, everyday demands can cause her great anxiety and stress. Issy tells readers about all the ways she can be helped and supported by those around her.
This illustrated book is for readers aged 7 and upwards, and will be an excellent way to increase understanding about PDA in the classroom or at home. It also includes practical tips and recommended resources for parents and professionals.