Introducing Genetics : A Graphic Guide
- Format: Paperback | 176 pages
- Dimensions: 130 x 180 x 10mm | 130g
- Publication date: 15 Nov 2011
- Publisher: Icon Books
- Publication City/Country: Duxford, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 4th ed.
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, unspecified
- ISBN10: 1848312954
- ISBN13: 9781848312951
- Bestsellers rank: 215,529
Genetics is the newest of all sciences - nothing useful was known about inheritance until just over a century ago. Now genetics is exploding, and before long we will have the complete code, written in three thousand million letters of DNA, of what makes a human being.
Introducing Genetics takes us from the early work of Mendel to the discovery of DNA, the human gene map and the treatment of inborn disease. No one can afford to be ignorant of genetics. This book is the perfect introduction.