Teenagers with ADD, ADHD and Executive Function Deficits
Teenagers with ADD, ADHD and Executive Function Deficits : A Guide for Parents & Professionals
- Format: Paperback | 400 pages
- Dimensions: 215 x 280 x 17.78mm | 912g
- Publication date: 27 Apr 2017
- Publisher: Woodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Publication City/Country: Bethesda, MD, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 3rd ed.
- Illustrations note: b/w illus, photos & charts; b/w illus, photos & charts
- ISBN10: 1606132814
- ISBN13: 9781606132814
- Bestsellers rank: 356,438
A seasoned expert and veteran parent, Chris Dendy looks at key areas (academics, dating, driving, socializing, and greater independence) that make adolescence potentially more difficult for kids with ADD, ADHD, or executive function deficits. This new edition is expanded and refreshed with indispensable information on the latest DSM-5 diagnostic criteria, research, education strategies and laws, and technology use. The book also offers a thorough explanation of executive function deficits and their impact on teens' ability to focus, prioritize, and plan. The author shows how to support and advocate for teens using a combination of medications, behavior and academic interventions and accommodations, ADHD education, and exercise. Armed with the book's extensive information and strategies, parents, educators, and therapists can be proactive, working together with teens to build resilience and a hopeful future.