Psychology, Human Growth and Development for Social Work
Psychology, Human Growth and Development for Social Work : A Comprehensive Guide
- Format: Paperback | 494 pages
- Dimensions: 155 x 235 x 26.16mm | 712g
- Publication date: 09 Apr 2020
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Imprint: Red Globe Press
- Publication City/Country: New York, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 2nd edition
- Illustrations note: 20 SW-Abb.
- ISBN10: 135200965X
- ISBN13: 9781352009651
- Bestsellers rank: 338,265
This exciting new edition is an engaging and accessible introduction to understanding human behaviour and development from a psychological perspective. Written by a psychologist with extensive teaching experience, it offers a clear and systematic exploration of psychological concepts and research, and discussion of their relevance for social work practice.
The psychological framework provides thematic coherence for a uniquely wide range of material, from brain development to communication skills, psychiatric diagnoses to forms of discrimination. With a logical and intuitive structure, it's perfect for Human Growth and Development modules and a range of other Social Work modules with psychological content, enabling students to see how different elements of theory and research connect together for practical application.