Oil Painting Essentials
Oil Painting Essentials : Mastering Portraits, Figures, Still Lifes, Landscapes, and Interiors
- Format: Paperback | 160 pages
- Dimensions: 216 x 277 x 11mm | 663g
- Publication date: 24 May 2016
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications
- Imprint: Watson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: full colour photographs
- ISBN10: 0804185433
- ISBN13: 9780804185431
- Bestsellers rank: 161,859
An essential guide demonstrating the universal oil painting techniques that allow artists to expand their horizons, break out of ruts, and master a variety of subjects, including figures, portraits, still life, landscapes, and interiors. Many painters limit themselves to a particular genre out of habit or fear, but art instructor Gregg Kreutz reveals how connected oil painting techniques are no matter what subject an artist tackles. Arranged by essential artistic focal points, each chapter reveals the challenges and rewards that painters face when covering specific genres. Through step-by-step lessons and examples from the works of oil painting masters past and present, Kreutz shows how artists can strengthen their skillset for one type of subject matter by painting in another area they may not be as familiar with. This comprehensive breakdown of oil painting provides all of the tools and encouragement painters need to successfully take on any type of oil painting.