Trust and Wonder
Trust and Wonder : A Waldorf Approach to Caring for Infants and Toddlers
- Format: Paperback | 124 pages
- Dimensions: 153 x 229 x 6.86mm | 176.9g
- Publication date: 09 Sep 2011
- Publisher: Waldorf Early Childhood Association North America
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 11 b/w photographs
- ISBN10: 1936849038
- ISBN13: 9781936849031
- Bestsellers rank: 323,025
What do infants and toddlers need from us?
It is said that human beings learn more in the first three years than in the next thirty. With the utmost reverence for this amazing period of life, a firm grounding in anthroposophy, and many practical examples, an experienced Waldorf kindergarten teacher and mentor here offers the fruits of her many years of living and working with the youngest children.
This concise, accessible book is written out of the author's experience with integrating children under three into a Waldorf kindergarten in Norway. Perfect for a parent/child group study, or for schools considering how to integrate infants and toddlers in their program, it includes sections on the fourfold human being as a basis for Waldorf education; stages of child development in the first three years; the importance of imitation; the development of the foundational senses; creating a good daily routine; play and play materials; and much more.