Educational Psychology Casework
Educational Psychology Casework : A Practice Guide
- Format: Paperback | 272 pages
- Dimensions: 150 x 228 x 18mm | 400g
- Publication date: 15 May 2011
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: 25 figures
- ISBN10: 1849051739
- ISBN13: 9781849051736
- Bestsellers rank: 189,390
Educational Psychology Casework is a practical, accessible guide to working with children, outlining the basic skills needed and practical strategies to promote positive change and obtain the best results for children.
The book covers how to develop skills such as establishing rapport, gaining a child's trust and respect, interviewing skills and techniques, and interpreting children's responses. The author outlines the theoretical background and how this translates into practical work and includes case examples which demonstrate the theory in practice. This fully updated second edition includes new chapters on problem-solving versus solution-focused work and also on measures of impact.
This book is essential reading for all trainee and practising educational psychologists.