Me and My PDA
Me and My PDA : A Guide to Pathological Demand Avoidance for Young People
- Format: Hardback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 185 x 248 x 16mm | 566g
- Publication date: 05 Dec 2018
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 1st ed.
- Illustrations note: Full colour illustrations throughout (85 total)
- ISBN10: 1785924656
- ISBN13: 9781785924651
- Bestsellers rank: 216,503
This beautifully illustrated guide helps young people with Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) to understand their diagnosis, develop self-awareness and implement their own personalised problem-solving strategies. Written in consultation with young people with PDA and their families, this book recognises the importance of handing control back to the young person, and that there is no one-size-fits-all PDA profile. Readers are encouraged to engage throughout with interactive writing, doodling and checklist exercises to explore their own particular characteristics, strengths and challenges.
Me and My PDA is sensitively tailored to the needs and experiences of young people (aged 10+) with PDA. The guide is designed to grow with the reader, and can be used for many years as the young person develops and changes - making it invaluable to PDA-diagnosed individuals and their families.