More Creative Coping Skills for Children
More Creative Coping Skills for Children : Activities, Games, Stories, and Handouts to Help Children Self-regulate
- Format: Paperback | 256 pages
- Dimensions: 214 x 276 x 18mm | 660g
- Publication date: 18 Aug 2016
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 16 B&W photos + 47 illustrated handouts
- ISBN10: 1785920219
- ISBN13: 9781785920219
- Bestsellers rank: 202,187
This collection of fun and adaptable activities, games, stories and handouts is a complete resource for supporting children coping with stress and difficult emotions. From engaging arts and crafts, to interactive stories and relaxing meditations, all the interventions and activities are thematically structured so that each chapter contains the means for building specific skills or overcoming behavioral issues. Each chapter contains suggested goals, positive affirmations and photocopiable handouts to enable a child to continue practising and learning new life skills outside of sessions with parents or professionals.
The activities in this book are ideal for use with children aged 3-12 to help them rebalance and gain a strong grasp on their emotions.