The Watercolour Enigma
The Watercolour Enigma : A Complete Painting Course Revealing the Secrets and Science of Watercolour
- Format: Paperback | 128 pages
- Dimensions: 216 x 280 x 11mm | 588g
- Publication date: 03 Apr 2018
- Publisher: Search Press Ltd
- Publication City/Country: Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Search Press edition of self-published title
- Illustrations note: 430 Illustrations, color
- ISBN10: 1782215611
- ISBN13: 9781782215615
- Bestsellers rank: 260,235
Many watercolour artists are disappointed with the results of their endeavours because their attempts at painting do not always turn out as intended. However, the majority of mistakes are caused by the incorrect use of paint rather than artistic inability.
The Watercolour Enigma is based on a practical course by artist Stephen Coates, and is designed to take the student through a process of learning rarely seen in other practical art books. By examining the basic science of watercolour including the properties of water and colour pigment, and through a series of practical, straightforward, step-by-step painting exercises, budding painters will leave Stephen's book not only with a mine of watercolour knowledge but with a selection of stunning paintings they can proudly say are their own.
Understanding the medium and how to use it will turn potential failure into success, and discovering the truth about how to use watercolours is exciting, liberating and enormously rewarding. So fulfil your dream and, with Stephen's guidance, learn to paint like a true, watercolour expert.