101 Language Games for Children
101 Language Games for Children : Fun and Learning with Words, Stories and Poems
- For ages: 3-5
- Format: Paperback | 160 pages
- Dimensions: 152 x 229 x 10mm | 235.87g
- Publication date: 17 Nov 2003
- Publisher: Hunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Publication City/Country: Alameda, CA, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 38 B&W illustrations
- ISBN10: 0897933699
- ISBN13: 9780897933698
- Bestsellers rank: 245,521
Language games allow children to stretch their communication abilities, enhancing vocabulary, conversation, and storytelling skills. A suggested age range accompanies each game in this book; some games may be adapted to different age groups. Language games for beginners focus on making children aware of the ways letters look, the presence of letters in their surroundings (on signs, for instance), and the different letter systems in different cultures. More advanced games include creating poems and haiku, making up stories, and joke-telling. 39 black-and-white illustrations are included in this wonderful resource for teachers, therapists, and social workers.