Rose, Where Did You Get That Red?
Rose, Where Did You Get That Red? : Teaching Great Poetry to Children
- Format: Paperback | 416 pages
- Dimensions: 132 x 203 x 19mm | 306g
- Publication date: 16 Jun 1990
- Publisher: Random House USA Inc
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Reissue
- ISBN10: 0679724710
- ISBN13: 9780679724711
- Bestsellers rank: 298,935
A classic that revolutionized the way children are taught to read and write poetry. The celebrated poet Kenneth Koch conveys the imaginative splendor of great poetry--by Blake, Donne, Stevens, Lorca, and others--and then shows how it maybe taught so as to help children write poetry of their own. For this edition, the author has written a new introduction and a special afterword for teachers.