The Guinea Pigs
The Guinea Pigs : Band 01a/Pink a
- For ages: 0-5
- Format: Paperback | 16 pages
- Dimensions: 199 x 210 x 1mm | 70g
- Publication date: 04 Jan 2006
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Imprint: Collins
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: None
- Illustrations note: Illustrations
- ISBN10: 0007186487
- ISBN13: 9780007186488
- Bestsellers rank: 429,805
It's midnight, and the guinea pigs are not in their cage! In this humorous story, two guinea pigs stray from their cage to a park before returning home again in time for breakfast. Their night-time adventure is told through a series of illustrations with very simple repetitive text.
Pink A/Band 1A books offer emergent readers very simple text supported by illustrations.
Text type - A story with predictable structure and patterned language.
Pages 14-15 provide an illustrated sequence of events that consolidates understanding of the story.
This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.