Will-Developed Intelligence : The Handwork and Practical Arts Curriculum in Waldorf Schools
- Format: Paperback | 210 pages
- Dimensions: 178 x 254 x 14mm | 443g
- Publication date: 09 Feb 2016
- Publisher: Waldorf Publications
- Publication City/Country: NY, United States
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: 3rd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: colour and b/w illustrations
- ISBN10: 1936367904
- ISBN13: 9781936367900
- Bestsellers rank: 429,197
The handwork and practical arts curriculum in Waldorf schools stimulates children's creative powers. At the same time, it establishes an aesthetic confidence by developing the child's will -- that part of us which interacts with the world, and lays the foundation for our thinking.
This masterly book argues that only by working with their hands does our children's cognition develop as it should. It examines the craft curriculum from Years 1 to 8, and all the way through High School. This is a wonderful curriculum resource for Waldorf teachers which includes numerous practical projects, as well as exploring the particular benefits that the activities have.