Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs : Serving Children From Birth Through Age 8
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 152 x 229 x 15.24mm | 835g
- Publication date: 01 Jan 2010
- Publisher: National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Publication City/Country: Washington DC, United States
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: 3rd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: 17 b/w photos
- ISBN10: 1928896642
- ISBN13: 9781928896647
- Bestsellers rank: 303,614
Since the first edition in 1987, NAEYC's book Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs has been an essential resource for the early child care field. Fully revised and expanded, the 2009 version comes with a supplementary CD containing readings on key topics, plus video examples showing developmentally appropriate practice in action.
Based on what the research says about development, learning, and effective practices, as well as what experience tells us about teaching intentionally, DAP articulates the principles that should guide our decision making. Chapters describe children from birth through age 8 in detail, with extensive examples of appropriate practice for infant/toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and primary levels.