The Power of Our Words
The Power of Our Words : Teacher Language That Helps Children Learn
- Format: Paperback | 180 pages
- Dimensions: 179 x 255 x 13mm | 413g
- Publication date: 20 Nov 2013
- Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools Inc
- Publication City/Country: Turners Falls, MA, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 2nd ed.
- Illustrations note: Halftones, black and white
- ISBN10: 189298959X
- ISBN13: 9781892989598
- Bestsellers rank: 167,781
Learn how teachers can use language words, tone, and pace to increase student engagement, build a positive classroom community, and more effectively manage behavior by helping children develop confidence, competence, and self-control.
Since the first edition was published in 2007, thousands of educators have used The Power of Our Words as their guide to getting the most from positive teacher language.
The second edition includes the concise explanations, concrete examples from real classrooms, and quick-scan charts showing recommended language for many classroom situations that made this book a bestseller, and adds:
Greater academic focus: More on using teacher language to boost academic engagement and achievement
Lighter, more open page design: Easier reading and scanning
Inspiring foreword: A powerful vision linking teacher language, Common Core State Standards, and 21st century learning.
Index: Quick help finding the topic you need