Specific Learning Difficulties – What Teachers Need to Know
Specific Learning Difficulties - What Teachers Need to Know
- Format: Paperback | 248 pages
- Dimensions: 141 x 216 x 14mm | 318g
- Publication date: 21 Oct 2015
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 40 black and white line drawings
- ISBN10: 1849055904
- ISBN13: 9781849055901
- Bestsellers rank: 139,155
This book clearly explains what Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) are, and describes the symptoms of conditions most commonly encountered in the mainstream classroom: dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, and OCD. The author provides an overview of the strengths and weaknesses commonly associated with each of these conditions, as well as practical suggestions for modifying teaching materials and methods to make learning enjoyable, effective and accessible for students. There are also dedicated chapters on helping students with SpLDs to develop effective revision skills and exam techniques.
This straight-talking and accessible guide is ideal for teachers, teaching assistants, and those in school management who want to know more about supporting students with Specific Learning Difficulties.