Can I tell you about Cerebral Palsy?
Can I tell you about Cerebral Palsy? : A guide for friends, family and professionals
- For ages: 9-12
- Format: Paperback | 64 pages
- Dimensions: 155 x 228 x 6mm | 108g
- Publication date: 21 Feb 2014
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 17 black & white illustrations
- ISBN10: 1849054649
- ISBN13: 9781849054645
- Bestsellers rank: 361,966
Meet Sophie - a girl with cerebral palsy (CP). Sophie invites readers to learn about CP from her perspective, helping them to understand what it is like to use a wheelchair to move around and assistive technology to communicate. She also introduces readers to some of her friends who have different forms of CP and explains that living with CP can sometimes be difficult, but there are many ways she is supported so that she can lead a full and happy life.
This illustrated book is ideal for young people aged 7 upwards, as well as parents, friends, teachers and professionals working with children with CP. It is also an excellent starting point for family and classroom discussions.