Fun Games and Activities for Children with Dyslexia
Fun Games and Activities for Children with Dyslexia : How to Learn Smarter with a Dyslexic Brain
- Format: Paperback | 136 pages
- Dimensions: 142 x 217 x 12mm | 164g
- Publication date: 21 Mar 2018
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 10 black and white cartoon illustrations
- ISBN10: 1785922920
- ISBN13: 9781785922923
- Bestsellers rank: 213,669
Dyslexic learner and teacher Alais Winton shows the positives of being dyslexic, and makes learning (and even spelling!) fun, with games and activities to make school learning simple.
An inventive and practical book for children aged 7 to 13 who have been identified as having dyslexic tendencies, this book contains practical and creative activities for kids and teens to use, such as Spelling Sculptures and Hear it, Sing it, Beat it! The games and activities use the four different learning styles that work best with dyslexics - thinking in pictures, in movement, in music or socially.
With funny cartoons, which appeal to visual thinkers, and a section with advice on how parents and guardians can aid learning, this is an essential toolkit for any dyslexic child.