Because Internet : Understanding how language is changing
- Format: Paperback | 336 pages
- Dimensions: 129 x 198 x 20mm | 268g
- Publication date: 05 Mar 2020
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Imprint: Vintage
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- ISBN13: 9781529112825
- Bestsellers rank: 103,918
THE ACCLAIMED NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER.
Have you ever puzzled over how to punctuate a text message? Wondered where memes came from? Fret no more: Because Internet is the perfect book for understanding how the internet is changing the English language, why that's a good thing, and what our online interactions reveal about who we are.
'McCulloch is such a disarming writer - lucid, friendly, unequivocally excited about her subject - that I began to marvel at the flexibility of the online language she describes, with its numerous shades of subtlety.' New York Times