Mathematics for the IB MYP 4 & 5
Mathematics for the IB MYP 4 & 5 : By Concept
- For ages: 12-17
- Format: Paperback | 320 pages
- Dimensions: 212 x 274 x 16mm | 900g
- Publication date: 31 Mar 2017
- Publisher: Hodder Education
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- ISBN10: 1471841529
- ISBN13: 9781471841521
- Bestsellers rank: 257,634
Exam Board: IB
First Teaching: September 2016
First Exam: June 2017
The only series for MYP 4 and 5 developed in cooperation with the International Baccalaureate (IB)
Develop your skills to become an inquiring learner; ensure you navigate the MYP framework with confidence using a concept-driven and assessment-focused approach to Mathematics presented in global contexts.
- Develop conceptual understanding with key MYP concepts and related concepts at the heart of each chapter.
- Learn by asking questions with a statement of inquiry in each chapter.
- Prepare for every aspect of assessment using support and tasks designed by experienced educators.
- Understand how to extend your learning through research projects and interdisciplinary opportunities.
Feel confident that you cover the whole framework with standard and extended mathematics included - and Extended clearly signposted.
This title is also available in two digital formats via Dynamic Learning. Find out more by clicking on the links at the top of the page.
A proof of the first 6 Chapters of the book is now available as an eInspection copy, by clicking the eInspection copy button to the left.
Rita Bateson was, until very recently, the Curriculum Manager for MYP Mathematics and Sciences at the International Baccalaureate (R) (IB) and continues to be involved in curriculum review. She is an experienced teacher of MYP and DP Mathematics and Sciences, and is Head of Mathematics in her current school. She has taught in many international schools in Europe as well as North America. Her interest include overcoming mathematics anxiety in pupils and STEM education. She is also the co-author of MYP by Concept 1-3 Mathematics, with Irina Amlin.