Why are you shouting at us?
Why are you shouting at us? : The Dos and Don'ts of Behaviour Management
- Format: Paperback | 158 pages
- Dimensions: 138 x 216 x 12.7mm | 202g
- Publication date: 14 Mar 2013
- Publisher: Continuum Publishing Corporation
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: Illustrations
- ISBN10: 1441185151
- ISBN13: 9781441185150
- Bestsellers rank: 139,745
In their witty and very practical book, Phil Beadle and John Murphy guide teachers through the dos and don'ts of behaviour management based on their decades of experience teaching in the most challenging schools. They highlight the importance of managing your own behaviour, as well as really understanding that of your students, and provide practical strategies for embedding positive behaviour management techniques into teaching practice. Self-assessment questionnaires throughout the book prompt the reader to pause and reflect, while the authors offer encouragement and support, using humorous and often candidly honest anecdotes based on their own teaching experience. Why are you shouting at us? is essential reading for anyone preparing to work in a challenging school as well as for any teacher who wants to improve their behaviour management skills.