Behaviour Management : A Whole-School Approach
- Format: Paperback | 304 pages
- Dimensions: 186 x 232 x 16.26mm | 550g
- Publication date: 17 Apr 2007
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
- Publication City/Country: Thousand Oaks, United States
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: 2nd Revised edition
- ISBN10: 1412934524
- ISBN13: 9781412934527
- Bestsellers rank: 134,766
In this revised and updated edition of Bill Rogers' bestselling book, the author draws on his extensive experience as an educational consultant and trainer to help teachers and managers develop a whole-school strategy for dealing with student behaviour.
In his distinctive accessible and entertaining style, he offers practical suggestions to support teachers as they face the pressures of accountability, assessment and rising concerns about student behaviour.
Topics covered include:
* positive discipline and the importance of consistency;
* particular skills in the language of discipline - verbal and non-verbal;
* techniques for managing bullying, aggression, rudeness and violence;
* methods to use with behaviourally disordered students;
* the 4Rs - rights, rules, responsibilities and routines;
* behavioural consequences including 'time-out';
* behaviour agreements - 'contracts';
* playground management;
* how to set up a behaviour management plan and express it in a policy.
Bill Rogers inspires confidence in a school's capacity to work as a cohesive, co-operative unit, linked with parents and the community, to manage behaviour successfully.
BILL ROGERS IN THE UK!
Dr Bill Rogers will be lecturing in the UK and for schools, authorities and universities this autumn 2017, mid-September to mid-December. For details of events, or to book Bill in to do training for your organization, please contact Lora Rogers at [email protected] See his website for further information http://www.billrogers.com.au