- For ages: 6-8
- Format: Paperback | 32 pages
- Dimensions: 280 x 216 x 2.79mm | 145.15g
- Publication date: 01 Mar 2004
- Publisher: Anthroposophic Press Inc
- Imprint: SteinerBooks, Inc
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Edition: Illustrated
- Edition Statement: Revised ed.
- Illustrations note: colour illustrations
- ISBN10: 0880105283
- ISBN13: 9780880105286
- Bestsellers rank: 66,306
The coming of Winter plays an important role in the cycle of nature. In this delightfully illustrated story, young children can find that for "every thing there is a season."
Winter, Awake! tells what happens one year when Winter will not wake. The tired trees need to rest. Their fallen leaves have made a leafy blanket for the sleeping seeds. All the woodland creatures try to tell Winter their work is done. They scold and mock and urge, but Winter will not wake, until, at last, the round red ladybug in her small, soft voice whispers something gently in his ear--and mighty Winter wakes!
(Ages 5-7 years)