Macbeth : Student Shakespeare Series
- For ages: 12-17
- Format: Paperback | 96 pages
- Dimensions: 210 x 291 x 6mm | 260g
- Publication date: 14 Oct 1999
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: UK ed.
- Illustrations note: Worked examples or Exercises
- ISBN10: 0521786584
- ISBN13: 9780521786584
- Bestsellers rank: 77,974
These popular Shakespeare editions attractively presented and designed to make Shakespeare relevant to students. The plays are initially summarised in lively line illustrations that present the story in pictures to assist students to recognise the plot and major issues. This is followed by an introduction to Shakespeare's life, historical background and settings, and the attitudes of the period. The full text of the play is included with copious notes on language, historical significance and cross-references to other scenes. All are near A4 in size.