Mindstorms : Children, Computers, And Powerful Ideas
- Format: Paperback | 252 pages
- Dimensions: 129 x 203 x 14mm | 272g
- Publication date: 04 Aug 1993
- Publisher: Basic Books
- Publication City/Country: New York, NY, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 2nd Revised ed.
- ISBN10: 0465046746
- ISBN13: 9780465046744
- Bestsellers rank: 114,747
Mindstorms has two central themes: that children can learn to use computers in a masterful way and that learning to use computers can change the way they learn everything else. Even outside the classroom, Papert had a vision that the computer could be used just as casually and as personally for a diversity of purposes throughout a person's entire life. Seymour Papert makes the point that in classrooms saturated with technology there is actually more socialization and that the technology often contributes to greater interaction among students and among students and instructors.