Jumpstart! Poetry : Games and Activities for Ages 7-12
- For ages: 6-8
- Format: Paperback | 186 pages
- Dimensions: 148 x 210 x 12.7mm | 272g
- Publication date: 01 Dec 2008
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Imprint: Routledge
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 2 Halftones, black and white; 34 Tables, black and white
- ISBN10: 041546708X
- ISBN13: 9780415467087
- Bestsellers rank: 29,711
A good poetry idea should help the children feel excited about writing and enable them to think of what to write - developing their imagination, creativity and writing skills.
Jumpstart! Poetry is about involving children as creative writers through writing poems. The book contains a bank of ideas that can be drawn upon when teaching poetry but also at other times to provide a source for creative writing that children relish. There are more than 100 quick warm-ups to fire the brain into a creative mood and to 'jumpstart' reading, writing and performing poetry in any key stage 1 or 2 classroom.
Practical, easy-to-do and vastly entertaining, this new 'jumpstarts' will appeal to busy teachers in any primary classroom.