Avoid Boring People
Avoid Boring People : Lessons from a Life in Science
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 133 x 203 x 20mm | 301g
- Publication date: 04 May 2010
- Publisher: Random House USA Inc
- Imprint: Random House Inc
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 27 PHOTOGRAPHS
- ISBN10: 0375727140
- ISBN13: 9780375727146
- Bestsellers rank: 309,120
From Nobel Prize-winning scientist James D. Watson, a living legend for his work unlocking the structure of DNA, comes this candid and entertaining memoir, filled with practical advice for those starting out their academic careers.
In Avoid Boring People, Watson lays down a life's wisdom for getting ahead in a competitive world. Witty and uncompromisingly honest, he shares his thoughts on how young scientists should choose the projects that will shape their careers, the supreme importance of collegiality, and dealing with competitors within the same institution. It's an irreverent romp through Watson's colorful career and an indispensable guide to anyone interested in nurturing the life of the mind.