The Postgraduate Research Handbook
The Postgraduate Research Handbook : Succeed with your MA, MPhil, EdD and PhD
- Format: Paperback | 440 pages
- Dimensions: 138 x 216 x 23.11mm | 561g
- Publication date: 26 Dec 2007
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Imprint: Red Globe Press
- Publication City/Country: New York, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: 2nd ed. 2007
- Illustrations note: 440 p.
- ISBN10: 0230521304
- ISBN13: 9780230521308
- Bestsellers rank: 149,789
This lively and rigorous book provides guidance on planning and conducting postgraduate research. Divided into four parts, each of which looks at a different stage of the process, it covers everything from choosing a research area and selecting appropriate methodologies to analysing data and learning from feedback. Chapters contain both active and reflective tasks to help readers develop the skills needed to produce a high-quality dissertation or thesis and offer supportive advice on establishing successful working relationships with supervisors and peers.
Clear and accessible in its approach, this book is an indispensable introduction to successful research for postgraduates of all disciplines.