The Childrens Music Studio
The Childrens Music Studio : A Reggio-inspired Approach
- Format: Paperback | 232 pages
- Dimensions: 217 x 278 x 14mm | 662g
- Publication date: 09 Feb 2017
- Publisher: Oxford University Press Inc
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 60
- ISBN10: 0199384797
- ISBN13: 9780199384792
- Bestsellers rank: 417,225
The Children's Music Studio is the first book that provides music teachers, parents and early childhood educators a wealth of materials and a clear roadmap for applying Reggio Emilia principles and practices to preschool and early childhood music education. Drawing on Professor Hanna's extensive experience researching and teaching in Reggio- inspired music classrooms, this pioneering book provides a comprehensive and in-depth manual for designing music
ateliers-hands-on studios that capture the imagination and creativity of children. Informed by the cutting edge research on music learning, this practical guide includes detailed studio plans, examples of Reggio-inspired music studio explorations and documentation of children's work in music studios.
In this book you will:
- Learn why the Reggio approach is considered one of the best educational approaches in the world.
- Discover how children can naturally learn music through the studio approach, drawing on the poetic languages and the power of collaborative environments.
- See detailed examples and documentation of project-based studio learning.
- Understand how music learning increases overall artistic and academic literacy across the curriculum.
- Learn how to develop customized projects for your classroom that will teach children to think and communicate fluently through music and sound.
Early childhood and elementary music teachers will find this book especially useful as it provides innovative ideas for Reggio-inspired music teaching and learning techniques that can be integrated into the existing curriculum. Music teachers will learn how to balance multiple roles of researcher, professional artist and co-learner for delivering high quality musical experiences using the Reggio-inspired studio approach. Detailed examples and templates show how teachers can design music
studios, along with clear instructions for observing and documenting children's musical learning. The Children's Music Studio also provides a unique theoretical framework for using music in the studio based on music materials, musical modalities and processes, which align with the Common Core Arts