- Format: Paperback | 192 pages
- Dimensions: 135 x 216 x 14mm | 209g
- Publication date: 04 Jun 1996
- Publisher: Ebury Publishing
- Imprint: Vermilion
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: 3rd UK ed.
- Illustrations note: 1
- ISBN10: 0091813204
- ISBN13: 9780091813208
- Bestsellers rank: 443,401
Dyslexia is a common diagnosable condition that is estimated to affect at least one child in ten. In its most usual form it is manifested as a difficulty in learning to read and write, but it is widely misunderstood and often mistaken for low intelligence or even laziness.
Dr Beve Hornsby combines her experience as a psychologist, teacher and speech therapist in this informative and reassuring book for parents and teachers of children suffering from a disability no-one can see or understand, and offers advice on how to identify, tackle and eventually overcome dyslexia. Includes up-to-date information on Attention Deficit Disorder and the relevance of the latest Education Act.